2. Is that story real? Would you like to have a super powers? Past tense vs the future (Grammar and reading practice about the past tenses mixed with present)
How to ask a question
- The formula for asking a question in the simple past tense is did + [subject] + [root form of verb].
- Example: Did Wolfgang win the gold medal or the silver medal? Where did Wolfgang go to celebrate? Did the judges decide fairly, in your opinion?
- When asking a question with the verb to be, you don’t need the auxiliary did. The formula is was/were + [subject].
- oExample: Was Wolfgang in a good mood after the contest? Were people taking lots of pictures?