- 1. Skills and Testing Criterias
- 2. ¿Why do you think some people love like that?
- 2.1. Review of Simple Past Tense
- 2.1.1. USE 1 Completed Action in the Past
- 2.1.2. USE 2 A Series of Completed Actions
- 2.1.3. USE 3 Duration in Past
- 2.1.4. USE 4 for Habits in the Past
- 2.1 – Actividad 1
- 3.Bibliography and webgraphic
2. ¿Why do you think some people love like that?
2.1. Review of Simple Past Tense.
USE 3 Duration in Past.
The Simple Past can be used with a duration which starts and stops in the past. A duration is a longer action often indicated by expressions such as: for two years, for five minutes, all day, all year, etc.
- I lived in Brazil for two years.
- Shauna studied Japanese for five years.
- They sat at the beach all day.
- They did not stay at the party the entire time.
- We talked on the phone for thirty minutes.
- A: How long did you wait for them?
B: We waited for one hour.